1. What is Reliability?
2. Define the MTTF & MTBF?
3. What is Weibull distribution?
4. How can maintenance affect the life cycle cost for any plant?
5. Explain the relationship between the binomial & Poisson distribution in reliability?
1. Explain the methods which are used to calculate system reliability in complex configuration?
2. Explain K-out-of-m systems with examples.
3. How would you formulate your maintenance strategy for effective maintenance planning?
4. Explain the methods which are used to calculate system reliability in complex configuration.
5. What is parallel configuration? Calculate the probability of parallel configuration for n units.
1. What do you understand by a shut down maintenance?
2. Explain the important features of a shut down program.
3. Explain the difference between predictive and preventive maintenance?
4. Explain breakdown maintenance?
5. What is the difference between predictive and preventive maintenance?
6. Why is maintenance important in industry? State the various objective of maintenance.
1. What are the condition monitoring methods? List the various methods ?
2. What do you understand by lubricating monitoring techniques?
3. Explain corrosion monitoring technique?
4. Define TPM?
5. Discuss the applications of visual control in maintenance with examples.
1. What are the different techniques of condition monitoring? Explain one in brief?
2. Explain reliability centered maintenance.
3. Explain the term FMEA with a neat sketch ? What are the effects of failure?
4. Briefly explain the method of risk priority number in analyzing the criticality of a subsystem?
5. What is CBM? Enumerate its benefits?
Q.1 (a) Explain the relationship between reliability, availability and maintainability.
(b) Draw and explain the failure rate curve for an industrial product.
Q.2 (a) A system consists of four identical subsystems in parallel. What should be the reliability of each subsystem. If the system reliability is to be equal to 0.99.(b) Calculate the reliability of system show. In fig. 1. In which elements reliability is identical
Q.3 (a) How would you formulate your maintenance strategy for effective maintenance planning?
(b) Explain the difference between predictive and preventive maintenance.
Q.4 (a) What is vibration analysis and what are its principles? Hoe it is used for equipment health monitoring?
(e) What do you understand by lubrication monitoring techniques? Explain the methods for lubrication monitoring.
Q.5 (a) Explain the term FMECA With the neat sketch. What are the effects of failure?
(b) Briefly explain the methods of risk priority number in analyzing the criticality of a subsystem.
Q6 (a) Define the term overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) and establish relation between quality, reliability, maintainability and availability.
(b) Explain the major functions of maintenance section in an organization along with its objectives. What is design out maintenance?
Q.7 (a) explain reliability centered maintenance? Explain its working with the help of flow diagram?
(b) Explain the concept, evolution, and objective of total productive maintenance?
Q.8. (a) Discuss the corrosion monitoring procedure and possible outcome of such analysis. As an aid to identify the need of maintenance?
(b) What is vibration analysis and what is its principle? How is it used for equipment monitoring?